You were scrolling through Discord and suddenly you read a spoiler post about your favorite series. Yes, it is not a good time! No doubt spoilers are the perfect way to ruin a new part of your favorite series, no? HOW TO MAKE SPOILERS IN DISCORD?
Nobody wants their favorite show or film waiting to strip them off from fun and entertainment.
And you know what?
Even a small sentence or two words can act as spoilers. And Discord is a platform where many users like Redditors, gamers, Patreon creators discuss almost anything and that includes spoilers too!
We have an instant solution for you!
Spoiler Tag On Discord
Introducing Spoiler Tags!
So if you are a regular user of Discord, the Spoiler tag might come in handy, which will stop you from uploading any type of content that might act as a spoiler for other Discord users and annoy them.
Want to know the best way out? Get it here!
HOW TO PUT A SPOILER ON IMAGES IN DISCORD?
Then, in this tutorial, we will talk about how to make a text, picture, or video spoiler tag in Discord for phones and desktops.
This is how it works!
- Your phrase gets covered with a solid black box when you mark your text as a spoiler.
- You need to click on the black block to reveal the message.
- Spoiler tags are mostly used to alert others that your information contains certain content that some users should not watch or read.
- The messages will get blacked out again after you leave a channel and visit it again.
- You can also blur out your images or videos and have similar features to text.
Now that we have covered how the Discord spoiler tag works, let’s explore more!
HOW TO MAKE SPOILERS IN DISCORD FOR DESKTOP AND MOBILE PHONES.
Discord: How To Mark As Spoiler?
The cries of the users have been heard by the Discord developers. Now, they have made it super easy for you to add spoiler tags on your PC.
Have a look below at the easiest way to mark a text as a spoiler:
Mark as Spoiler
We thank the newest edition of Discord for adding spoiler tags. It has become easier to hide a particular message before sending it.
- All you have to do is highlight the message and right-click on the section. Once you do it, it will reveal the option to add a spoiler tag. Then, press “Mark as Spoiler.”
- Now, you will see these vertical pipes “|| ||” appear on the selected content. So, the other users won’t be able to see the hidden content until they tap on the marked section to reveal it.
- You can put the spoiler phrase in between the lines. “|| phrase here ||”
- When you are uploading the attachment, Discord will give you an option to “Mark as Spoiler.” Sadly, it won’t work on the mobile version of Discord.
IOS AND ANDROID SCHEMES
Below, we have mentioned the ways to how to censor text in Discord for iOS and Android phones.
- Hiding Spoilers on the Discord Mobile App (Android & iOS)
Are you on the go and want to use the “Spoiler Tag on Discord for Android and iOS phones?
Luckily, there are many ways to do so, so let’s check out the simplest ways to hide the content.
Using the Spoiler Markdown Command on the Discord Mobile App (Android/iOS)
Even though Android does not have a formatting bar, one good thing is that you can still use this method on any device.
Just search for the “|” in your keypad and use the syntax “|| ||” and type the spoiler inside. No matter how big the spoiler is, make sure your message starts and ends with “||” to mark it as a spoiler.
It might take few seconds to search the “|” character on your phone, and once you know its location, it will hardly take seconds to find it.
- Hiding Spoiler Images or Videos on the Discord Mobile App (Android & iOS)
Adding a spoiler tag to your phrase was easy, right?
How To Censor Text In Discord
But now comes the complex part for those who are looking for ways to mar a video or an image as a spoiler on their mobile phones
Even if it is a bit hard, you can still get a hang of it once you know how to use the right method.
So let’s get right into it!
MARKING IMAGES/VIDEOS AS A SPOILER ON THE DISCORD MOBILE APP (ANDROID/IOS)
Here is how you can mark Videos or images as a spoiler on your Mobile version of Discord:
- If you want to mark a particular video or image on your phone, then you will have to rename the file and add the word SPOILER_” (without the quotes “) before it. For example HOW TO MAKE SPOILERS IN DISCORD?, suppose the name of the video or image is “WandaVision” you will need to alter it to “SPOILER_WandaVision”.
- Now, share the file on Discord and see the video or photo automatically blur. Then mark it as a spoiler to refrain other users from clicking on it.
Now that you know how Discord Spoiler Image Mobile Method works, let’s check out some other Discord Markdown Tags in the next section.
ADD TEXT EFFECTS WITH MARKDOWN
Here are some other markdown commands you can use to format your text in Discord:
- Italic: _text_ or *text*
- Bold: **text**
- Underline: __text__ [use _ twice]
- Bold & Italic: ***text***
- Underline & Italic: *__text__* or __*text*__ or ___text___ [use _ thrice]
- Underline & Bold: **__text__** or __**text**__
- underline bold italics: __***text***__ or ***__text__***
- S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶: ~~t̶e̶x̶t̶~~
- Quote: >text
So these were some Markdown affects you can use in your texts.
After reading our Discord Spoiler Tag article, we hope that you know how everything works. You can use our simple and very easy-to-use methods and stop yourself from accidentally giving a big spoiler to someone on Discord. Do share this piece with your friends and family who want to learn about the Spoiler Tag.
Thank you for staying till the end!